(RM works as a psychiatrist within a high profile university and deals with hundreds of patients going through tough break ups)
- The technical term for break up related challenge is "Adjustment disorder".
- You have adjustment disorders "with anxiety" or "with depression".
- The full definition of the "break up condition" would be: "Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of conduct and emotion".
- RM estimates that 80%-90% of his patients suffer from disorders related with break up or other relationship problems like infidelity.
- The other 10%-20% of his patients seek his help for drug related problems.
For the overall population:
- 1/3 of the overall population faces some difficulties sleeping (sleep problems or sleep disorder).
- 1/7 faces anxiety.
- 1/10 faces some depression.